Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Black Friday is Almost Here

Well, it is Thanksgiving Eve, the pies are baking, the turkey will soon be prepped, and we will be sound asleep with drumsticks dancing in our heads! For the vegan's, that might be carrots dancing in your head, LOL!!.

The day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday, because that is the day that most retailers hope to go into the black (become profitable). All kinds of specials are out there, if, you are willing to be up at the wee hours of the morning, and stand in line.

A few years ago, I thought this would be fun. There were a couple of items at the local electronics store that we were interested in, so we thought we would give it a try. We knew the store opened at 6 AM, so I thought that if we got there about 4:30, we would be first or close to first.

I learned a couple of things from that experience. First of all, when we arrived, we were probably about #200 or more in line. Second, people had been there since midnight. Third, for the really big specials (you know those that say a minimum of 6 per store), they gave coupons to the first ones through that wanted those items. So if you wanted one of those, you probably had to have been there at midnight.

Luckily, we did not need those items, and were able to get what we wanted plus a couple of things we did not plan on. Since that time, we have only ventured out once, but we didn't get up quite so early.

This year some of the stores are going to open at midnight. I must admit, I can stay up until midnight much easier than getting up at 4 AM (I think). However, this year, I am going to telecommute with my shopping. I'm going to attend Amazon's Black Friday sale that starts at 3 AM on Friday morning. But I don't think that I will be at the PC at 3 AM. I'll probably be moaning about the amount of turkey I ate. If you want to join me, here is the link: Amazon's Black Friday Sale.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you counted your blessings, and had a successful Black Friday shopping experience.

No comments:

Shopping  and Fashion